CP5548 - Sliding Reversed Pull Type Family
This NEW unique optimised pull type sliding pedal box is AP Racing’s solution to comply with the potential new safety regulation of a fixed driver seat in GT Racing allowing for the accommodation of different height drivers in the same car.
CP5548-CBT incorporates a brake clutch and throttle pedal similar to CP5538-1 & CP5516-88 models. The Pull type design allows for the pushrod to remain straight, eliminating all side loads making it the most efficient pedal box on the market.
The cylinders are mounted under the drivers feet for optimum space utilisation and access. Minimum hysteresis and balance variation are assured by the use of needle roller bearings in the centre trunnion.
- Manufacture and construction - Modular BCT design with central Brake chassis and bolt on Clutch and Throttle to suit any configuration.
- Mounting - Central base plate under Brake chassis.
- Sliding Mechanism - Inboard concentrated under Brake pedal for optimum stiffness.
- Locking Mechanism - Rigid rail and double tapered pin with 11mm increments.
- Position Stops - Rigid front-stop and back-stop with incremental marking.
- Slide Release - Lighter springs to engage locking pins, bell-crank to reduce release load.
- Throttle Sensor - Provision for two throttle sensors, secure lock between throttle pedal and throttle shaft to eliminate backlash.
- Pedal Construction - Forged Pedals
- Throttle Pedal Control - Compression spring and separate adjustable compression damper.
- Brake pedal ratio - Adjustable bobbin ratio on pull rod secured with locking nut
- Other improvements - Positive robust Clutch & Throttle stops. Improved balance bar trunnion mounting. Adjustable brake pedal pad.
- Master Cylinders - Designed for use with CP6461, CP6465 OR CP6467 (ABS BRAKE APPLICATIONS).
- Approximate Weight - 7kg without cylinders.
- Brake pedal ratio adjustable - 4.10:1 TO 5.00:1
- Clutch pedal ratio- 4.55:1
- All threads are metric.
- Adjuster cable CP2905-18 included with assembly.
|Part Numbers||Clutch||Brake||Throttle||Throttle Sensor|