CP5898 - Pull Type
- Patented Design.
- Reduced unwanted low pressure pedal travel.
- Once the initial phase is over the pressure in the primary chamber is exhausted removing variable losses.
- When the relief valve opens it mechanically closes the non return valve eliminating variable change over losses.
- External valve allowing adjustment of the change over pressure for varying conditions.
- Interchangeable with CP6465 with addition of mounting bracket.
CP5898 is a patented pull type differential bore master cylinder. Designed to reduce unwanted low pressure pedal travel (dead band).
This achieved by having two bores that are connected by the same piston with an external valve that controls the changeover between the two bores.
The initial brake travel is controlled by the larger of the two bores (the primary chamber). This bore supplies a larger volume of fluid at lower pressure to accommodate for the inherent losses in any brake system (piston retraction, seal retraction, trapped air compression, knock back etc).
Once the losses in the system have been removed the pressure in the system will rise. At a predetermined pressure the external valve will open actuating the smaller of the two bores (the secondary chamber) and allow the high pressure side of the master cylinder to operate for the remainder of the brake actuation. The large bore will be vented back to the reservoir so that the system is only operating on the high pressure bore.
A non return valve is also incorporated in the external valve, so should the driver reduce the pedal effort back below the change over pressure, the system will continue to operate only on the high pressure bore until zero pressure is reached.
This means the driver can modulate the brakes into the corner without the valve switching in and out. The external valve can be adjusted to alter the change over pressure.